HPV – Human Papilloma Virus – Facts You NEED TO UNDERSTAND:
Firstly, you ought to know that this virus is principally transmitted sexually (ETS), and it influence both women and men. As stated by the pros, this virus is , penis, anus and mouth cancer that is in charge of cervical cancer. The human papillomavirus (HPV) is actually a group of viruses that could change the human skin, and there are over 100 distinct types of the virus. This is described in the National Cervical Cancer Coalition of the United States – NCCC. In fact, certain forms of HPV cause common warts on the hands and feet. Most kinds of HPV do not cause any symptoms are benign, and go away on their own.
You’ll be shocked when we tell you that almost 40 types of HPV are known as genital HPV as they change the genital area. The pros warn that up to 80% of females and males will soon be infected with at least one type of genital HPV at some time. Genital HPV types might be high risk types that can make cervical pre- cancer and cancer, or low-hazard types that can cause genital warts and typically benign changes in the cervix. This type of virus is readily spread through direct skin to skin contact. Anyone who has any kind of sexual activity involving genital contact could get genital HPV. That means it’s potential to get the virus without having intercourse. And, because many people who have HPV may well not reveal any signs or symptoms, they are able to transmit the virus without knowing it. Someone can be infected with greater than one type of HPV. The medical specialists claim that lots of people get their very first type of HPV infection within their first few years of becoming sexually active.
According to the latest statistics, girls that are infected with the virus HPV (high-risk), have high likelihood of developing cervical cancer in the next 10 – 20 years. This really is why all women are informed (and women who are no longer sexually active), that they should continue performing their regular gynecologic examinations. You need to also know that infections in girls older than 30 years are less likely to be cured by the body, in natural manner. So, they get a proper treatment and should go to with the gynecologist.
This really is very important that you recall – the male condoms help reduce the threat of contact. And the female condoms cover more than the male condoms, however, they just reduce the risk of infection. Neither of both of these forms of condoms eliminate the danger of infection entirely. And, you’ll be shocked when we tell you that (according to the latest statistics) almost 30% of oral carcinomas are HPV-associated.
- HPV is a common, highly contagious and productive infection, which is sexually transmitted.
- Condoms cannot provide 100% protection.
- The numbers show that more than 80% of sexually active women will get infected at some time in their own lives.
- This virus is primarily transmitted through sexual contact and many people are infected with HPV soon after the sexual activity.
- This virus could be present when the infected individual has no signs or symptoms of the virus.
- Sometimes, the symptoms are some cases when no symptoms are experienced by people during their life, and do not appear for years.
- It can spread through skin-to-skin contact with contaminated areas of the skin not covered by the condom for example the female and male genitalia.
- Girls are more more “ exposed” to the virus than men.
- The most common HPV- associated disorder is cervical cancer. And, you need to know that cervical cancer is one of the leading causes of death in women.